Tuesday, October 25, 2005

R.I.P. Rosa.


"People always say that I didn't give up my seat because I was tired but that wasn't true I was not tired physically I was not old. I was 42. No, the only tired I was, was tired of giving in."


"I do the very best I can to look upon life with optimism and hope and looking forward to a better day, but I don't think there is any such thing as complete happiness. It pains me that there is still a lot of Klan activity and racism. I think when you say you're happy, you have everything that you need and everything that you want, and nothing more to wish for. I haven't reached that stage yet."


"To this day I believe we are here on the planet Earth to live, grow up and do what we can to make this world a better place for all people to enjoy freedom."


"I have learned over the years that when one's mind is made up, this diminishes fear; knowing what must be done does away with fear."


"I knew someone had to take the first step and I made up my mind not to move."


"Memories of our lives, of our works and our deeds will continue in others"

Rosa Parks, February 4th 1913 - October 24 2005

---
Technorati tags: ; ; ; .

0 comments: