I'm here, mainly referencing others' stuff, of which there are some really amazing sights and sites.
I'm trying to be well. I'm trying to feel ok. I'm trying to 'get it together'. I'm trying. And if you say 'yes, very trying' I will probably cry.
Anyway, on to the more interesting bits of this post...
Excitement of the week ---> hippie blog indirectly linked to from Time Magazine - you can read the article in question here: A Time Limit on Rape.
- Don't know how long it will be up there, but for now you can download 10 mp3s of mandarin lessons. Cool!
- Free Antique Clipart
- Big 'YOU TOTALLY MISSED THE BLOODY POINT' of the Week:
- Hoohaa in US over Monologues play:
Stage play The Vagina Monologues has been renamed at a theatre in Florida after a complaint about the title..
It will be known as The Hoohaa Monologues - a child slang word for the female organ - after a woman in Atlantic Beach complained.
Bryce Pfanenstiel from The Atlantic Theatre told local TV station Channel 4 the woman said she was "offended" when her niece asked her what a vagina was.
The TV network claim the play's director is not happy about the change.
The Vagina Monologues is being staged by a group of law school students who plan to donate all the proceeds to charity.
Eve Ensler wrote the first draft of the play in 1996 after interviewing 200 women about their views on sex, relationships, and violence against females.
Each monologue somehow relates to the vagina, through themes including sex, rape, birth and mutilation.
In 2004 the production was banned from the southern Indian city of Madras, as police there thought some of the script was "objectionable".
After premiering in the basement of the Cornelia Street Cafe in New York, its popularity has steadily increased.
It is now performed all over the world with a vast line-up of celebrity participants, such as Sharon Osborne, Trudie Styler, Kate Winslet and Jerry Hall. (read more...)
- Blog Posts to read:
- Word of the Day from sinister girl.
Main Entry: ad fe·mi·nam
Pronunciation: (')ad-'fe-m&-n&m, -"äm
Etymology: New Latin, literally, to the woman
: marked by or being an attack on a woman's character rather than an answer to the contentions made -- compare : AD HOMINEM (read more...
- Goodbye post from a mad Sheila :(
- Carnival Against Sexual Violence 17, including a link to my How to *Really* Prevent Rape post.
- Newly spotted blogs:
- Fate is Chance. Destiny is Choice
- The other world of the Dynamite Lady
- *International Charm Exchange* (beauty-licious!)
- Feminist Nation
- The Tarot Deck Creation Collective
- The Independent Artists Group (IAG) Blog
- Newly spotted websites:
- Enough! - End the Israeli Occupation - Justice for the Palestinians
- Other hippie blog updates:
- I unfortunately had to remove one of my flickr badges which was in the right sidebar. Something about it has been stalling the rest of the page from loading. I don't know why, and it hasn't been consistent, but for now I've taken it away. You can see my photos anyway though :)
- Ditto ZoomClouds.