Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Shaddapayaface!

Having not heard it for probably twenty years, in the last few days I have heard it twice. I hope to hear it again, as I adored it as a (very little) child. It was apparently by Joe Dolce, and it went something like this:
What'sa matta you, hey!
Gotta no respect, whatta you think you do,
Why you looka so sad? It's-a not so bad, it's-a nice-a place,
Ah, shaddap you face!

Why is it funny? Why does it make me laugh? I have no idea. It has been Australia's highest selling single for 25 years.

Not only can you hear it again, you can even watch a video of him singing it. Go awwn, you know you want to! Full lyrics here.

Ahhh, I love the internet!


---
Technorati tags: ; ; ; .

5 comments:

thermalsatsuma said...

Bah! I still haven't forgiven him for keeping Ultravox off of the number one spot in the charts, back when that sort of thing mattered to me ... :-)

Anonymous said...

Hope you realise I've now got this running through my head and it's all your fault :)

Unknown said...

greywulf - of course I realise that! I'd had it in my head for days, and decided to share the joy ;-)

Anonymous said...

Thank you for that link - i will be humming that for days and i remember being on holiday in marjorca as a kid. Brought back some fun memories - Thanks again.

Mandie

Anonymous said...

I too love this song. Definitely one of my "desert island discs." Showing impeccable cool, my teenage children also like it.

Terry Messenger