Saturday, September 10, 2005

Saturday Evening in my Pyjamas.

I had heard the name Ann Coulter, usually in negative terms, but I did not know who she was, nor what quite was supposed to be wrong with her. Until, that is, I came across The American Taliban site.

It is a list of quotations from various influential Amerikans, from George Bush senior ("I don't know that atheists should be considered citizens, nor should they be considered patriots. This is one nation under God.") to James Watt the Secretary of State of the Interior with responsibility for the environment ("We don't have to protect the environment, the Second Coming is at hand."), through Kay O'Connor, a female Kansas State Republican ("I'm an old-fashioned woman. Men should take care of women, and if men were taking care of women today, we wouldn't have to vote.") and William G. Boykin, an army general (“George Bush was not elected by a majority of the voters in the United States, he was appointed by God.”).

But right at the top of the page is the aforementioned Ann Coulter. She has the appearance of a typically beautiful blonde American woman, but her words are so full of hate and spite and evil it is frightening. So much so that I don't want to repeat them here, though you can see them there.

All of this makes me very keen to do the Ann Coulter g0og1e8omb, so here we go with that...
Ann Coulter Ann Coulter Ann Coulter Ann Coulter Ann Coulter Ann Coulter Ann Coulter Ann Coulter Ann Coulter Ann Coulter Ann Coulter Ann Coulter Ann Coulter Ann Coulter


Huge thanks to Uniquely Alike, without whom I may not have seen this fantastic screenshot. I love it!


Posted by Picasa

Last week there was a protest in Sheffield against deporting asylum seekers to Iraq, as it is obviously a totally unsafe place for anyone to be. As it is, I'm pretty much against deporting anyone anywhere, but in places like Iraq it seems so bloody obvious that noone at all should be being sent there.

I couldn't go to the protest but was very glad to find these fabulous photos of the demo.

---
Technorati tags: ; ; ; ; ; .

2 comments:

anne said...

excellent screen shot - brightened up a dreich Saturday evening! I needed it after being reminded of Ann Coulter's existence.

thermalsatsuma said...

The pictures of that demo were pretty depressing, actually. Just a handful of the usual suspects that you see outside the town hall every Saturday afternoon. Every time I talk to them, they just seem to be interested in flogging copies of their newspaper than whichever cause they have latched onto this week. Is it just age making me cynical, or has nothing changed since the days of the miner's strike?